Delight

He tells me I am His delight, and I believe Him.  I see Him smile when He looks at me, the bright twinkle in His eye, the playfulness when He rejoices, and the sure footing when He walks.  He knows where He is going, so I go, too.  I don’t know the path much of the time, but I am happy not to know.  His shoulders ahead of me, strong and confident, are what I see.  More than that for me to know and I would surely stumble.

And with Him I do not fall.

He tells me I am His delight, and He shakes off cobwebs from the past, showing me where He was, even when I didn’t know it.  He grabs my hand and shows me what I love, what brings me joy — reminding me what brings me delight, what brings me life — movement and stillness, rushing water and quiet breezes, loving with a heart of surrender, forgetting myself and knowing only Him.  He reaches in to the aches of yesterday and redeems today.  There is beauty in each corner of pain, each moment of sadness.  He has never left, leaning in, weeping, too.

To know delight, one must know sorrow, too.

To believe I am His delight stirs me to want to tell you, too, to be a voice of hope and faith, to want to pray that His adoration of you — you — is more than you can even imagination and dream.  His delight in you is light in moments of doubt, stirring love toward hope, bringing joy from darkness, life into death.

You, my sweet sister, are His delight.

Would you like to join me and run with this prompt, too? It’s a fun adventure, letting your fingers flow with Lisa-Jo’s prompt: Delight.

I pray you have a beautiful, weekend, girls, soaking up His love and believing — just a little, even — how much the Father delights in you.

Please share . . .TwitterFacebookPinterestGoogle+Email

Comments

1. says

” He shakes off cobwebs from the past, showing me where He was, even when I didn’t know it.” Beautifully written truth. I am delighted (pun intended) to have found you through Lisa Jo. May you have a weekend full of remembrances of His delight in you.

• says

I am so thankful for His delight in us involves His healing of past wounds and helping us discern where we need His help, now!  Thank you so much for your sweet blessing, Chastity. Blessings to you, too!

• says

What freedom there is in truly believing that — living like I believe this.  I need His help to do this — it just seems too wonderful, too amazing!  But it is true!  It is!  We are His delight!  (Isn’t that just the best? :) )  Thanks so much for your words here, Amy.

2. Mollie Turbeville says

What a gift of encouragement you have! Thanks for your sweet words. It is so true that in order to find delight, we must know sorrow. I LOVE your blog and I am so happy to find you here :)

– Mollie

3. Anonymous says

Just this for me today,

” He reaches in to the aches of yesterday and redeems today.”. Clinging to this and thanking God for your beautiful translation of His mysteriously awesome ways. XO, Jennifer!

4. says

“To believe I am His delight stirs me to want to tell you, too, to be a voice of hope and faith, to want to pray that His adoration of you — you — is more than you can even imagination and dream.  His delight in you is light in moments of doubt, stirring love toward hope, bringing joy from darkness, life into death.”

Wow.
    *blinking back tears*
    Thank you for passing along that message.
    Moved more than I can say.
    *nod*

• says

Sweet Meredith, I know this.  I know.  So wonderful.  We are so, so blessed.  So happy to have met you here and to have found your blog today.  Blessings to you, sister.

5. Anonymous says

There is fullness in these words, a sweet surrender, too. I find myself encouraged to surrender to Him and enjoy His delight in me so I, too, might delight in Him. Lovely and encouraging. Thank you.

• says

Thank you so much, Hyacynth.  Yes, there is surrendering in this act of believing, this act of faith, isn’t there? Freedom and beauty and life.  I am so grateful to have found your beautiful words on your blog today, friend.

6. says

To know delight, one must know sorrow, too. ” This is so true. And to the extent we’ve known sorrow, that is the extent we can know delight. Yes, there is beauty in each corner of pain. He was there with us the whole time. And I’m so grateful. Beautiful post.

7. Alymae29 says

To know delight, you must know sorrow, too. What a great truth- how we run from pain, but Gid can use it to frame delight and joy! Bless you today!!

• says

I love that — the image of God “framing” delight and joy.  I want that lens, the beauty through which He sees, the lens of truth and light.  Beautiful. Thank you, Alymae!

8. Anonymous says

Your words:”He reaches in to the aches of yesterday and redeems today.  There is
    beauty in each corner of pain, each moment of sadness.  He has never
    left, leaning in, weeping, too.
    To know delight, one must know sorrow, too.”  So beautifully true…so grateful for how He does redeem and so grateful to have you as a friend on the journey… what a blessing and a delight!  Thanks for surprising me yesterday – so very kind of you!

9. says

Oh, this is so beautiful!  It reminds me so much of the language we find in Psalms where David and others sing of how they delight in God and He in us.  Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

10. says

I.Love.This.
    I am just learning to see the twinkle in his eye. The other day, as I was walking, I felt as though He put His arm through mine, and we shared a smile as He pointed out something to me.

A living, real relationship. That is what He wants WITH us – just like you described!!!!!!

What is on your heart? I would love to hear: